Andrew is a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) specialising in geotechnical engineering with over 16 years of experience in consulting engineering.
He has practiced in the Waikato for the last 10 years and worked in Auckland and the UK before that. During his time in the Waikato, he has gained extensive knowledge of the often variable and challenging geology that the region has.
In the last 4 years Andrew co-founded and continues to manage HD Geo. As a director of HD Geo Andrew drives the company to stay on the forefront of innovative technologies as evidenced by their directive to be a cloud based paperless office and early adoption of UAV technologies. This allows HD Geo to be responsive and flexible to client requirements.
Andrew’s expertise includes:
- complex liquefaction assessments
- appearing as an expert witness in legal proceedings
- design of building and bridge foundations
- investigation, assessment and design/remediation of road and rail infrastructure
- design of small and large scale complex rockfall protection structures including both active and passive systems
- land development including design of earthworks specification and construction supervision
- remedial engineering
Andrew provides a ‘no surprises’ philosophy to client interaction and strongly protects his clients best interests. His reputation within the Civil Engineering industry is for pragmatic recommendations that are founded on sharp technical acumen.