Meet Enrico Fletcher – a highly skilled expert, he is our Principal Pavement Engineer.
The rest of us love working with Enrico not only because of the experience and specialist skills he brings to our team but also because he is kind, helpful and above all, a real gentleman.
Enrico is a civil engineer specialising in pavement technology and is based in Hamilton New Zealand.
He has over 35 years of experience in the design and management of pavements and pavement rehabilitation projects, and has fulfilled the positions on a diverse range of complex projects both in New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa.
Some examples of Enrico’s relevant experience include:
- the design of flexible pavement system for the SH 16 Causeway project including the interpretation of geotechnical design outputs and construction phasing limitations. The selection of final design was based on Whole of Life costing with cognisance of the maintenance requirements and future proofing of the pavement
- the pavement design philosophy developed for CSM2 project. The design philosophy was based on NZTA manuals and local best practice and included the development of pavements for the motorway and local peripheral roads. The project also included the development of pavement details for rail and bridge approaches as well as the surfacing strategy for the project
- pavement design of the local roads and the verification of the Waikato expressway Huntly section specimen pavement design as provided by NZTA
- design for the Hamilton Eastern Arterial Crosby to Cobham Drive entailing improving the soft saturated silts and organic materials in the subgrade by undercutting and/or insitu stabilisation. This approach proved to be successful in meeting the client’s pavement deflection criteria and providing the most economical pavement structure. This approach provided the added benefit of accelerating the construction phase of the project, especially under adverse weather conditions
- responsibility for the Wellington Terrace Tunnel pavement evaluation, design and specification development. The Client required a long life high skid surfacing which was achieved through the use of high skid resistance locally imported steel slag aggregate. The asphalt mix was designed and specified in accordance with NZTA performance based specification and constructed after the refurbishment of the tunnel
- concept design of high reflective concrete pavement for the Mt Victoria tunnel which offered future savings on tunnel illumination. An innovative stabilised pavement (Hi Lab) as proposed by NZTA was adopted for the purposes for the Scheme Assessment Report for the remainder of the project
Enrico has a systems approach to management and synergistic interaction to encourage and motivate team members.