Terre has over 30 years of experience in contaminated land investigation, remediation, and management. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering and a post-graduate Diploma of Hazardous Materials Management. She is a Certified Environmental Practitioner with a Soil Contamination specialty, and has extensive training and experience in risk assessment and toxicology.
In her 11 years in New Zealand, Terre has participated in projects ranging from preliminary site investigations (PSIs) of green fields sites to remediation of large heavily contaminated industrial sites.
Some examples of Terre’s work include:
- being the technical lead for the contamination investigations for the Transmission Gully Highway and Western Ring Route
- developing a method for removing co-mingled mercury and asbestos from concrete, for Transpower which meant over 40,000 tonnes of concrete was suitable for reuse and diverted from landfill
- rapidly assessing large farming sites by using drones for the initial site observations and sampling only areas most likely to be contaminated. This has enabled assessment of large plots of land with minimal sampling and analysis, while still assuring protection of future site residents
- managing and developing the technical requirements for contaminated land projects in nearly every Waikato District
- designing remediation for asbestos and lead contaminated soil for a site in Matamata, where a former dairy factory had used the site as a dump
- practicing as the environmental adviser for the deconstruction of the Port Taranaki power station, Transpower’s asbestos identification and management programme, and Port of Nelson dredging study
- being responsible for the management of a remediation system for a multiple-aquifer clean up for the Phoenix-Goodyear Airport Superfund, US.
- being the technical leader and project manager for a $45 million remediation project in California that saw a 100 ha former military installation transformed into a residential development
Terre brings innovation, integrity, and client focused solutions to every project.